2022 Call for Photos
Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor is on the lookout for photos to be published in this year’s publications and displayed on the Monitor website.
In particular, we are interested in photos that capture the humanitarian impact posed by cluster munitions, explosive remnants of war (ERW) and landmines. Photos might highlight one or multiple aspects of the implementation of the Convention on Cluster Munitions and the Mine Ban Treaty and represent important cluster munition- and landmine/ERW-related activities carried out worldwide in 2021 and 2022.
We also welcome photos that document how the COVID-19 pandemic has been affecting mine action work for over a year and the community's capacity to address new challenges.
We are asking individuals and organizations involved in these areas to look through their digital photo albums, solicit photos from colleagues and partner organizations, and send the best photos to monitor2 [at] icblcmc [dot] org.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for photos taken in 2021 or 2022 from all regions of the world that explore:
- The cluster munition and landmine/ERW problem in your community/region;
- What is being done to solve this problem and your contributions to mine action; and,
- The link between cluster munitions and landmines/ERW with broader issues including population movements, gender, youth, food security, and development.
These do not have to be photos that you have taken. Please send us photos taken by your colleagues, partner organizations, the media, etc. Just be sure to include information about the photographer, date taken, location, and what the photograph depicts in the caption information you provide.
How to select photos?
- Please submit a few carefully chosen images. Look for the best quality photos that tell a story.
- The photos may be printed quite small, so it’s best to select photos without too many people in them or too much detail. Close-ups are usually preferred.
- Do not select photos that if printed, would pose a security risk to you or any of the photo subjects.
- Do not put yourself or others into harm’s way to take photographs.
- Black and white as well as color photographs will be accepted, but we especially seek color photos.
- Only electronic, high-resolution photos can be used.
How to submit photos?
- Please ensure that you have or are able to get permission from the photo subjects to have their image printed in Landmine and Cluster Munition research products or published on our website/ social media.
- Send an email to monitor2 [at] icblcmc [dot] org with the following information:
- Your name.
- The photographer’s name, agency, and any copyright information. Where possible, ensure permission from the photographer.
- A full caption with as much detail about the photo as possible including biographies of people in photos, locations, dates, and situational context.
- Attach high-resolution photos to the email.
We may come back to you to request additional information about your photos.
Thank you for sharing your photos!