2017 Call for Photos
Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor is looking for photos to be published in this year’s publications and displayed on our website.
We need your help to ensure that our image gallery represents the important landmine, cluster munition, and ERW-related activities carried out worldwide in 2016 and 2017.
Please look through your digital photo albums, solicit photos from colleagues and partner organizations, and send your best photos by Friday 30 June 2017 to email@example.com.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for photos taken in 2016 or 2017 from all regions of the world, which explore:
- The mine/ERW or cluster munition problem in your community/region;
- What is being done to solve the mine/ERW or cluster munition problem and your contributions to mine action; and,
- The link between landmines/ERW or cluster munitions and broader issues including population movements, gender, youth, food security, and development.
We are especially, but not exclusively, interested in new/recent cluster munition and landmine photos from Syria, Ukraine, and Yemen. We also seek images of stockpile destruction, as well as those that indicate a dedication to universalization of the Convention on Cluster Munitions and ICBL’s Mine Ban Treaty completion challenge.
These do not have to be photos that you have taken. Please send us photos taken by your colleagues, partner organizations, the media, etc. (just be sure to include information about the photographer, date taken, location, and what the photograph depicts in the caption information you provide).
How to select photos
- Please submit a few carefully chosen images. Look for the best quality photos that tell a story.
- The photos will be printed quite small, so it’s best to select photos without too many people in them or too much detail. Close-ups are usually preferred.
- Do not select photos that if printed, would pose a security risk to you or any of the photo subjects.
- Do not put yourself or others into harm’s way to take photographs.
- Black and white as well as color photographs will be accepted, but we especially seek color photos.
- Only electronic, high-resolution photos will be accepted.
How to submit photos
- Where possible, please ensure to get permission from the photo subjects to have their image printed in Landmine and Cluster Munition research products. Download online form and ask them to sign, then scan and attach to your email.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name.
- The photographer’s name, agency, and any copyright information. Where possible, ensure permission from the photographer by downloading and asking the photographer to sign, then scan and attach this form.
- A full caption with as much detail about the photo as possible including biographies of people in photos, locations, and situations captured on film to help provide context.
- Attach high-resolution photos to the email.
We may come back to you to request additional information about your photos.
Thank you for sharing your photos!