We will add more country translations as they become available - use the page monitor to be notified when this page is updated. Should you have in your possession translations not listed here please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main document translations are listed in the table below, country report translations are listed by language at the bottom.
PDF and Word versions of the translated Key Developments, Major Findings and Executive Summary are available on the print page. If your computer is not able to read non-latin pages your should still be able to view the PDF documents correctly.
English Arabic French Portuguese Russian Spanish Other Major Findings (0,1 Mb) Resultats cles Principais Descobertas (Russian) Principales Hallazgos Dutch | Finnish (as part of larger publication)| Italian | Norwegian | Turkish Key Developments Not Available Evolutions cles (Russian) Desarrollos Claves Italian Executive Summary
(Includes the regional overviews)
(1,2 Mb) Synthèse (1,1 Mb) Maps No longer available No longer available No longer available No longer available Executive Summary Cover
(0,3 Mb) (0,3 Mb) (0,3 Mb) (0,3 Mb) (0,3 Mb) : Microsoft Word Document : PDF/Adobe Acrobat Reader document
Some of the languages using non-latin alphabets will only be available as PDF, meaning they should display and print on any system having Acrobat Reader installed. Until they are available in HTML/web format the other languages will be listed with a link to MS Word or PDF documents.
Arabic country reports
All as Adobe Acrobat/PDF documents, less than 50 Kb unless other is mentioned.
You can also download all the Gulf state reports as one zipped archive containing Microsoft Word Versions of the same text. gulf_arabic_2003.zip (64 Kb)
French country reports
All francophone africa country translation by Club International pour la Recherche de la Paix-CIRP, Cameroun and Valérie Pucheu. Coordination of proof reading by Sylvie Brigot, ICBL and Handicap International Belgium.
- Belgique (translation provided by Handicap International - Belgium)
- Burkina faso
- Canada (translation provided by Mines Action Canada)
- Congo (République démocratique)
- Congo (République Populaire)
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Republique Centrafricaine
Portuguese country reports
- Brazil (translation provided by the Brazilian campaign)
Russian country reports
Spanish country reports
The Spanish translations are kindly provided by a group of students translators lead by Prof. Verónika Dobrucki, University of Aconcagua, Chile. Final checking done by Charlie Avendaño, Mines Action Canada
- Belgium - Dutch (translation provided by Handicap International - Belgium)
- Burma/Myanmar - Burmese (PDF - 199 Kb) (Translation provided by Nonviolence International, South East Asia)
- Czech Republic - Czech (translation provided by "People in Need")
- Georgia - Georgian (PDF - 153 Kb) (Translation provided by Georgian Committee of International Campaign to Ban Landmines)
- Finland - Finnish - Local publication including Major Findings and some other information. Published by Suomen Rauhanpuolustajat.
- Germany - German: "Quo vadis? - Deutsche Landminenpolitik am Scheideweg" (external link to PDF file).
This is an independent, adapted translation by the German Initiative to Ban Landmines and does not neccessarily reflect the view of the ICBL.
- Italy - Italian (translation provided by "Italian Campaign to Ban Landmines")
- Thailand - Thai - PDF (0,5 Mb) - Local publication in English and Thai published by the Thai Campaign to Ban Landmines.
- Turkey - Turkish.
(Translation by Campaign for a Turkey without Mines)
- Vietnam - Vietnamese - PDF - if you have problems with the fonts.
(Translation by Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund)