Download the 2012 Monitor Call for Photos
Landmine and Cluster Munition Monitor is looking for photos to be published in this year’s publications and display on our website’s Image Gallery.
We need your help to ensure that our image gallery represents the important mine action activities carried out around the world in 2011 and 2012.
Please look through your digital photo albums, solicit photos from colleagues and partner organizations, and send your best photos to by Friday 15 June 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for photos taken in 2011 or 2012 from all regions of the world, which explore:
- The mine/ERW or cluster munition problem in your community/region;
- What is being done to solve the mine/ERW or cluster munition problem and your contributions to mine action; and,
- The link between landmines/ERW or cluster munitions and broader issues including population movements, gender, youth, food security and development.
These do not have to be photos that you have taken. Please send us photos taken by your colleagues, partner organizations, the media, etc... (just be sure to include information about the photographer in the caption information you provide).
How to select photos
- Please submit a few carefully chosen images. Look for the best quality photos that tell a story.
- The photos will be printed quite small, so it’s best to select photos without too many people in them or too much detail. Close-ups are usually preferred.
- Do not select photos that if printed, would pose a security risk to you or any of the photo subjects.
- Do not put yourself or others into harm’s way to take photographs.
- Black and white as well as color photographs will be accepted, though keep in mind they will most likely be printed in grayscale, so avoid photos with too many brightly-coloured details.
- Only electronic, high resolution photos will be accepted.
How to submit photos
- Please ensure to get permission from the photo subjects to have their image printed in Landmine and Cluster Munition research products.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- The photographer’s name, agency and any copyright information
- A full caption with as much detail about the photo as possible including biographies of people in photos, locations and situations captured on film to help provide context.
- Attach high resolution photos to the email.
We may come back to you to request additional information about your photos.
Thank you for sharing your photos!